Snowdrift.coop Trademark Policy
Version 0.3 – Effective December 16, 2015
We are committed to ensuring the clear and consistent use of our trademarks
and to protecting the rights of legitimate users.
Snowdrift.coop reserves as trademarks:
- The full name "Snowdrift.coop"
- The primary name "Snowdrift" when used in the context of online
fundraising, creative project support, and/or community building
- Our various identifying logos
- The term "crowdmatching" when used in the context of fundraising
This policy seeks to clarify and promote acceptable use including honest and
compliant commercial activity.
We prohibit any use of or reference to Snowdrift.coop trademarks that
involves false or misleading implications including any use not compliant
with the guidelines below or otherwise authorized in writing, any use in
false advertising, or use of misleadingly similar marks.
Uses that require
- Using one of our logos as a hyperlink
- Making true factual statements about Snowdrift.coop or communicating
truthfully that your project takes contributions via Snowdrift.coop.
- Identifying or describing Snowdrift.coop in articles, blog posts, etc.,
"fair use" doctrine.
- Describing or promoting your projects on Snowdrift.coop in a way that is
- Making Snowdrift.coop trademark merchandise for non-commercial usage.
- Making Snowdrift.coop trademark merchandise for commercial usage,
provided truthful and prominent portrayal to customers of your
affiliation, or lack thereof, with Snowdrift.coop and of what part of the
selling price, if any, will be donated to the Snowdrift.coop project.
- Using Snowdrift.coop trademarks, or confusingly similar marks, in any way
that may suggest an affiliation with or endorsement by the Snowdrift
project or community where no such affiliation or endorsement has been
- Using Snowdrift.coop trademarks in a company or organization name or as
the name of a product or service or in domain name (even without
commercial intent), or using Snowdrift.coop logos as part of another
company's logos or branding.
Best practices for use
- Avoid suggestion of affiliation, participation, or endorsement with
Snowdrift.coop if there is any question about the validity of that
- Prominently acknowledge our ownership of the trademark.
[TRADEMARK] is a (registered, if applicable) trademark of Snowdrift.coop.
- As appropriate, explicitly disclaim sponsorship, affiliation, or
endorsement by Snowdrift on your website and related materials.
X PROJECT is not affiliated with Snowdrift.coop.
- Use the exact form of the Snowdrift.coop trademarks, with no subtractions
or additions, following our guidelines for logo usage.
- Do not include the Snowdrift.coop trademarks in acronyms.
- Do not refer to Snowdrift.coop as simply "Snowdrift" except
casually where the full name has already been made clear in the immediate
For any use not expressly permitted by this policy, to report any
unauthorized use, or for any clarification of this policy that may be
Please include any relevant information about the type and nature of the
use and any relevant organizational affiliation(s).
Like the rest of the site, The Snowdrift.coop Trademark Policy is licensed
Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike license (CC-BY-SA) v4.0.
This policy may be periodically revised. Revisions will be dated and posted